Liquid Silicone Rubber / LSR
Liquid Silicone Rubber(LSR)
Liquid Silicone Rubber(LSRs) are low viscosity and high purity elastomers with two-part catalyzed silicone specifically designed for liquid injection molding. Each elastomer is supplied in a two-part kit (Part A and Part B), equal portions (by weight) of which must be thoroughly blended together prior to use. When blended and cured as indicated, the resulting elastomer consists of cross-linked dimethyl and methyl-vinyl siloxane copolymers and reinforcing silica.
Liquid Silicone Rubber(LSRs) are platinum-catalyzed, addition-cure products. This means no by-products and no release of substances that could impair odor or taste. And curing times are fast, too.
Other Common Variations
- Liquid Silicone Rubber are noted for their high transparency and excellent mechanical and electrical properties.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber applications are numerous, including the automotive, aerospace, appliance, medical, electrical and consumer industries.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber can be formulated with only "white list " ingredients as specified in 21.CFR 177.2600 for use in applications where the elastomer will be in contact with food or beverages.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber parts can be used in medical system which especially require compliance to USP CLASS VI.
Performs Well In...
- Engine and transmission oil (mineral oils)
- Diluted salt solution
- Moderate water
- Dry heat
- Ozone, weather resistance
Doesn’t Perform Well In...
- Concentrated acids and alkalis
- Steam over 120°C
- Petroleum oils and fuel